March 22nd 2016



Skor Bit Cookies - Attempt #1 Recipe
Hey again pals! Let's talk about baking. When I'm bored, stressed or inspired I love to bake! Recently my boyfriend Alex has had an obsession with Skor Bars. They're a chocolate bar that's essentially butter toffee coated in chocolate. Personally, I think they're too hard and they make my teeth hurt but he could eat four in a row and not feel guilty. (Okay maybe not four but close!) He's been begging me to make a cookie with Hershey's Chipits Skor bits and I finally decided to bake them today. Basically, all I did was I used a chocolate chip cookie recipe from Betty Crocker and swapped out the chocolate for Skor Bits. So Clever.. I know!
1 Egg
1 cup Margarine (Softened)
1 TSP Vanilla Extract
1 TSP Baking Soda
1/2 TSP Salt
2 1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
3/4 Cup Sugar
3/4 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
1 Package of Hershey's Skor Bits



Per the recipe's instructions: Preheat your oven to 375ºF. In a large mixing bowl mix the white and brown sugars, the margarine, vanilla extract and the egg together. Next, add the flour, baking soda, and salt. When that's all done, mix in your Skor Bits (or Chocolate Chips). This is where I made my mistake... I didn't intend to use the whole bag as they're small and there's A LOT of them.. but they all fell in. Today was not my day I didn't want to spend ten minutes picking out Skor Bits, plus a lot of them had stuck to the dough which would have contaminated them (Food safety!) so I just went with it. The more the merrier right? Wrong.

But Meghan... How did they turn out?! Tada:


I should take a minute to point out my apartment has the world's finicky, most unreliable oven. Sometimes things cook/bake fine and other times not so much. In my oven at 375ºF, it took my cookies 8 1/2 minutes to bake. Another problem is the temperature - it's always too hot or not hot enough so it's a surprise every time! The cookies baked relatively okay. The tops were soft and the bottoms didn't burn. However, that being said, the poor cookies that had more than a few Skor Bits at the very bottom sort of stuck to the pan. Ooops! I forgot to account for the potential of melting toffee. It becomes a sticky, oozy mess and I had to fight to get some of them from the tray. They're still completely edible buuuuut they aren't that pretty. It's a good thing Alex isn't that picky! Personally, I give myself an E for effort. But for attempt #2 I think I'll pay more attention to how much I dump in so they don't stick so much. Let me know if you give the recipe a try. Hopefully, you have better luck than I did! I had Alex judge them and he says he really likes them so hopefully you do too!

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll see you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

🎉🐘 Created by Agata for WioskaSzablonów. HOSTED BY blogger. CONTENT BY Meghan. 🎉🐘