March 16th 2016


My favourite teas! (DavidsTea Edition)
It's no secret that I'm a huge tea-a-holic. I could drink tea all day and be perfectly content. I'm more of a loose leaf tea kinda girl myself. I've never really been a fan of the blends you can find in the grocery store. The exception to that would be Sleepytime Vanilla by Celestial Seasonings, and maybe occasionally a lemon ginger blend by Lipton. Personally, I like the variety offered at places such as Davidstea. My tea collection is slowly outgrowing its current home - so I thought I'd make a post on some of my favourites.

First of all, let us start with Mighty Aphrodite. You can find it on DavidsTea's website here! Mighty Aphrodite is a delicate organic herbal/fruit blend of Raspberry leaves and apple. It also has lemon balm, rosehip and, of course, raspberries. It's got a light fruit taste that isn't too tart or too sweet. I once had a love affair with Lemon Iced Tea. Since I cannot have large amounts of caffeine anymore I've turned to Herbal and Rooibos teas to fill my iced tea addiction. Therefore, I prefer my Might Aphrodite iced with some agave but it's also equally as great warm. I've even heard it's good for monthly lady problems and overall, I find it a huge comfort tea. It's also a super light and fluffy tea. So 50g of tea goes a long way. This tea is a must try on your next trip to DavidsTea, I promise you won't be disappointed!

Next up is an interesting choice, to say the least. Movie Night I was really skeptical to try this one at first but alas, I quickly fell in love with it. Movie Night is a sweet green tea blend with apple, green tea and, of course, some popped corn. You might be thinking... Popcorn? In Tea? It totally works, though! It's got notes of maple and the sweetness from the apple really adds to the blend, the popcorn is very subtle. The only thing I dislike about this one is more of a general dilemma with all green teas. Green teas are very picky about temperature. When the water is too hot it starts to taste bitter and nobody likes that ): Fancy kettles tempt me with their fancy water temperature control settings however, I just let the water cool a little before sticking my tea into it. It tends to work well and I hardly have bitter tea. It's only when I'm in a rush or when I simply forget it's a green tea blend that I run into some trouble. Oops! If you're looking for something a little more out of the box - I'd pick up a sample bag (50g or less) of this guy. You can find (and order!) it online here!

Lastly, I have a classic in my opinion. Cinnamon Rooibos Chai is a Rooibos tea blend that is also naturally caffeine free! It's a breath freshening blend of cinnamon, rooibos and apples. It's really good made into a tea latte or if I'm feeling very lazy - all by itself. I could only find this little container to show you because my tea cubby is super unorganized. Did I receive this little fella in a 8? 12? tea sample kit for Christmas. I really enjoy spicy teas and this is right on the mark for that. It's super cinnamony so if you're not a huge fan of cinnamon I would stay away - or not - your decision. Some say it's like a non-alcoholic Fireball whisky but I've never had that to know for sure. here!

I also want to take a quick second to add in that DavidsTea's Steeper + Perfect Spoon are super awesome and if you haven't seen one in use before - as for a demo in store! It's super easy to use and even easier to clean out. The spoon allows perfect measurement for the perfect cup (or cups) every time! Also a quick shout out to my twin sister Mikayla for picking out the most perfect mug for Christmas. It's the most adorable Michelle Tanner mug (Which I couldn't find online to link to, unfortunately). I also just got a couple of teas (Okay... four someone stop me) from Teavana that I cannot wait to try so stay tuned for that! Cheers!

Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll see you in the next post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

🎉🐘 Created by Agata for WioskaSzablonów. HOSTED BY blogger. CONTENT BY Meghan. 🎉🐘