April 14th 2016



Coca-Cola Chicken Recipe
Hey Pals! Sorry it's been so long. I finished up university for the semester and moved apartments. Today I was really craving Chinese food. More specifically, I was craving my mom's take-out style Chinese food. You see folks, my mom is an amazing cook. Around the holidays, special occasions or even just on days where she's feeling up to the task, she makes her homemade Chinese food! I no longer live at home so I only get to experience it every so often (boo-wah!) One special dish she makes is Coca-Cola chicken wings. My younger sister Jill really loves them... She could seriously eat the whole baking dish and nothing else. (Sorry you weren't here this time, bugs!) so after a quick glance in my freezer, I decided I would make Coca-Cola chicken wings to solve my craving. But there was one problem.. I didn't have any chicken wings. Whomp Whomp. ): So I decided chicken breasts would have to do. This recipe is super easy, super sticky and super delicious. Let's assemble the ingredients:




- 1 Pack Chicken Wings or 1-2 Packs of Chicken - 1 Can Coca-Cola (Never, never, never use Pepsi! It doesn't work!)
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar (Packed)
- 2 TBP Soya Sauce
- Optional: 1-2 TSP Garlic Pepper (In Sauce)
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning. (I used Garlic Salt and Garlic Pepper)


1. In a small sauce pot mix together your Coca-Cola, Soy Sauce, and Brown Sugar. I also add some Garlic Pepper but that's completely optional! Whisk that all together and bring it to a boil on medium-low heat.
2. Open up your chicken and give it a good rinse. Since it was only my boyfriend and I eating tonight I only used a package with two chicken breasts in it. Once you've rinsed off all of your chicken, go ahead and pat it dry and put it in a baking dish. I grabbed a loaf pan because it was the closest and my nice casserole dish is packed in a box too high for me to reach.
3. Place your chicken in the dish and season it. This is optional as well. I don't know if my mom ever does but I just sprinkled some garlic salt and garlic pepper on it for good measure.
4. Once your sauce is boiled, pour it carefully over your chicken. It's really hot (obviously) so you don't want it to splash everywhere.
5. Bake the chicken in the oven for around an hour. My chicken took 45 minutes as they were boneless but if you're using wings or chicken breasts with bones you might need to adjust it accordingly. It doesn't hurt to bake it longer than it needs to as it tastes better the longer you cook it!
6.Serve with rice and enjoy!


Thanks for taking the time to read and I'll see you in the next post!

2 comments:

🎉🐘 Created by Agata for WioskaSzablonów. HOSTED BY blogger. CONTENT BY Meghan. 🎉🐘